Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yapper
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote killing batteries!

Hello @RokuKariza-D,

This remote doesn't support private listening. The Roku Premiere serial number is YH00HT620222. The remote is type RC787.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Yapper 

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I see this battery issue has been going on for a very long time. 
I have roku TV's as well as two Streaming sticks 3810x with remotes RC399. I bought the two sticks in 2021 and noticed right away that the batteries were draining every few weeks at first. It gradually is to the point that the remotes stop working everyday. What I discovered (after I ran out of batteries recently) is the battery indicator on the tv screen will pop up red but if I take the batteries out and put the SAME batteries back in, it will pop up green and work again. Or if I unplug the power to the stick and plug back in, it thinks I have new batteries. So that tells me I've been throwing away batteries that were still good! I wonder how environmentalists will react to this? Knowing roku is willing to throw away millions of batteries rather than fix this issue. I have been trying to explain this to the support people but it's always the same "let's troubleshoot" BS over and over. But there is no real troubleshooting. Now I'm told I need to purchase a new remote. No, Roku, I am not purchasing anything anymore. Over 10 years as a loyal consumer with many different devices and no major issue until the 3810x and RC399. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @emailingpaula

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For us to assist you further, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku sticks associated with the affected remotes. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos