Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote is stuck on set up in a loop

My stick remote is stuck on setup in a loop. Tried everything. How do I get to chat? I agree that customer service for Roku is extremely poor. Does someone have a solution to the remote's sudden

failure.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@WriteLady006 wrote:

My stick remote is stuck on setup in a loop. Tried everything. ... Does someone have a solution to the remote's sudden failure.

More information would be helpful. It appears that it may have been working then stopped working. Is that correct? If so, tell us about that. What were the circumstances and what did you do? The order of things is helpful. Were you using your Roku/remote for a while then suddenly the remote stopped responding? If so, did you check the batteries? Did you replace the batteries?

It appears you may have tried to pair the remote again. Is that the case? If so, why? Was that the first thing you tried, or did you do other steps first?

All of this is important in determining what the cause may be, and the solution will vary depending on the cause.

Keep in mind we didn't experience what you did, and are completely depending on what you say in an attempt to understand what happened, what went wrong, what was done to try to fix it, and so on.

You said "tried everything" but the order of what was tried is important, and could make something that otherwise would work, not work.

By the way, the "setup loop" can mean a couple of things. Did you simply try to re-pair the remote to the stick? Or did you do a factory reset of the stick? Again, that's important. Tell us what happened, and when. Walk us through it so we understand.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Sandman333
Binge Watcher

The unfortunate answer is that you cannot contact Roku customer service.  They NEVER answer their chat requests.  I've sat waiting for a chat request to be answered for hours, multiple times, and it never is.  The joke is on Roku customers.  I've been waiting over 2 months to hear what the next step in the process is after complaining about remote issues in this forum and having my information "forwarded" to the next level.  Apparently Roku's next level is the recycle bin.  

0 Kudos

Firstly, I'm new to ROKU & therefore have little to no experience with your streaming service..but right off the bat .. I would like to THANK YOU!! I'm very excited you see because you have "COLD CASE" 

I've been searching a long time to watch this excellent series, and atop of that,  your sign up was very new user Friendly!! 

So,  therfore,  I just wanted to Thank You again.. & I'm appreciative of your account base & ease of use. 

D.Case

0 Kudos

P.S. I forgot to add that your reply to this customer was excellent and extremely helpful for those of us who are new. You provided good feedback on a most positive & professional manner.  10+ Kudos to the reply. 

0 Kudos