Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobcat79

Remote draining the batteries

Batteries only lasts three weeks only. Don't matter which battery I use. Please help. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Remote draining the batteries

Hey @Bobcat79

Thanks for the post.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AdamsFam04

I have read these threads here and  internet threads. My battery drain started after we upgraded to voice remote/volume control. We don’t use the voice function but the volume control eliminated the need for multiple remotes. But replacing batteries every two weeks or so will add up. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!  

0 Kudos
Dscatman

Sn: 2139a6303247 model 3810x

my remote keep thinking the battery are dead. Brand new battery say 33% for a few seconds, then 1 percent. Then it dies. 
if I take the batteries out for 30 seconds, I get about 5-10 more seconds of use. I can repeat the process a hundred times. 

i connected a different remote from another roku and it works just fine. So, i can confirm it is the remote. I had similar problems last year with this remote. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@AdamsFam04

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Dscatman

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos