Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote doesn't work after very short life

I can promise you this is the crappiest customer service site I've ever visited. I have a roku that is less than 5 months old, and the remote doesn't work.  I should not have to buy another remote to use this product.  I have done a reset, I have replaced batteries twice with good high quality batteries so it's not that.  It's just a piece of **bleep**.  As soon as I can purchase another streaming stick (NOT a roku), your entire product is going in the trash.

No help available here for questions.  I won't be holding my breath for a response to this missive.

s/ just another dissatisfied customer

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Remote doesn't work after very short life

If the batteries in the remote are Duracells, throw them in the trash and replace them.  Duracell is an awful brand, no longer a high quality brand; any batteries they made after the 2000s will leak very fast by growing powder-looking material, either when they’re inserted in a specific accessory, or even while remaining in their original packaging.  You’re better off with Rayovac or Energizer batteries; they’re far better than Duracell.

More specifically, what is the model number of your Roku Stick?  Find it on either the bottom of the unit, or the bottom of the box.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@Valleysailor  Your Roku is covered under warranty for 12 months from the date of purchase. So you are entitled to a replacement unit. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Valleysailor 

Your Roku came with a one-year warranty. You could submit a warranty claim at the Roku Returns page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Valleysailor wrote:

I can promise you this is the crappiest customer service site I've ever visited.

This isn't a customer service site, although many treat it as such. It's a user community, where at times a Roku employee will attempt to assist someone with a technical issue.

You haven't provided the basic information needed to assist you. You need to provide your Roku model number (not just the name). Since you have a remote issue, we need to know what remote you have. Knowing the Roku model number in most cases will tell us, but sometimes people replace the original remote with an upgraded model. 

Roku remotes are not consistent with the battery installation. Some have both batteries facing the same way, while others have the batteries facing opposite directions. As a check, look at your remote and ensure the batteries are in the correct orientation. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.