Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalpitaru

Remote control recommendation please

I have TCL Roku TV with some Klipsch powered speakers attached on the optical output. I'm trying to find a replacement remote control with a similar button layout to the Roku remote that will allow me to program the volume buttons to work with the speakers (TV volume does not control level on the optical output).

Appreciate any cost effective suggestions. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote control recommendation please

@kalpitaru 

I don't have a recommendation. However, I want to ensure you are aware of certain information.

When you locate a remote, you would not use Roku settings to control the Roku TV. The IR settings for Roku devices and Roku TVs are not the same. To my understanding, there are two separate IR code sets for TVs, meaning three overall (Roku code set, a Roku TV code set, another Roku TV code set).

If the remote you eventually get allows you to program from the original remote, then you'll be okay. But, if it requires you to select a code set, keep this information in mind.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote control recommendation please

If the Klipsch accept IR commands, you could look at the One-for-all urc-7935 streamer remote, cheap on ebay. It has three Klipsch codes listed. Works great on Roku tv's. Here's photo next to Roku tv remote:

P1010420 (2).JPG

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.