Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PabloAVG
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote batteries runs low quickly

@RokuDanny-R 

I'm having this exact same problem. I don't want to keep buying batteries every 3 weeks.

0 Kudos
TooBlueStu

@RokuDanny-RI am having the same issue as everyone else here, and I see that you keep asking for a PM. I'd love to do that but I don't have the ability to PM yet, I think because I just signed into the forum. Can you PM me or somehow initiate the conversation from your end?

I'd like a refund or replacement for this remote since it appears to be a pretty serious manufacturing flaw for a remote to consume new AAA batteries every 2-3 weeks of normal use. This is surely covered under the warranty, yes?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Teamrev
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

Danny,

Why do you keep asking people to pm you and not address any of the of the post that say that we can not PM anymore?

0 Kudos
mtfinger22
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same battery issue on 2 streaming sticks.  However, I'm not able to PM (no evelope icon)

0 Kudos
cwoods

I just set up my Roku express this weekend. The batteries it came with ran out in about an hour...bought new ones and I’ve had to replace them daily! What is going on?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cwoods,

We appreciate your post.

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
PabloAVG
Binge Watcher

How does a system restart help with this issue?

What is an "update to the remote"?

Does the remote have firmware that's being updated? How?

Any info would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Teamrev
Binge Watcher

I did the update and it did not change my battery life. Still horrible.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue on Roku Streaming Stick (3810) after updating the remote firmware, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos