Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rikiri
Reel Rookie

[Remote] Voice search not working outside of the US

Jump to solution

it is saying don't understand, when I used the handsfree voice command settings so basically the handsfree voice command is not working properly, infact it's not working any at all.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku voice remote pro

Jump to solution

@Rikiri wrote:

OK so i did some research on the Roku website and this is what it said, Voice search and voice control is supported in Canada, Ireland, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States. but i live in Jamaica so i guess that's probably why is not working, the command that i ask is, whats the time, turn on TV, turn off TV, play a movie, play music and all it keep saying is (didn't understand.)

Sounds like you solved it, @Rikiri! Currently, Voice Search isn't available in Jamaica. We hope to expand our feature set in the future. Thank you for the follow-up.

More questions? You know where to find us!

Happy Streaming

Austin 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rikiri

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with more information about what you are experiencing? What voice commands are you using with your remote?

For detailed information about using Voice commands with your new Voice Remote Pro, we would recommend checking out our Support page here: Why is a voice command not recognized?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rikiri
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OK so i did some research on the Roku website and this is what it said, Voice search and voice control is supported in Canada, Ireland, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States. but i live in Jamaica so i guess that's probably why is not working, the command that i ask is, whats the time, turn on TV, turn off TV, play a movie, play music and all it keep saying is (didn't understand.)

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Rikiri wrote:

Sounds like you solved it, @Rikiri! Currently, Voice Search isn't available in Jamaica. We hope to expand our feature set in the future. Thank you for the follow-up.

More questions? You know where to find us!

Happy Streaming

Austin 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Sanobabits
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When do you plan to have voice command available internationally? It's been years of waiting.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community, @Sanobabits.

Voice search and voice control are supported in Canada, Ireland, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Currently, we don't have any information to share at that moment, feel free to
keep an eye on our blog at https://www.roku.com/blog for any future announcements or updates. 

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Sanobabits
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

WHEN will you have voice search available internationally? 
It's been years of frustratingly waiting for this feature!

0 Kudos
Sanobabits
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
When will have it supported in the Philippines, I've been waiting patiently and then impatiently for years. This is the only reason I chose Roku over competitors and then find it in the community after thinking that it's a bug.
0 Kudos
LG42

Jump to solution

Austin,

The Roku Voice Remote Pro is not available in the UK. If I get one shipped from the US will it work with a UK TCL Roku TV? I’m trying to help my elderly dad and I think voice control would be helpful.

Also the Roku Alexa Skill causes the TV to show an error message when trying to change channel. Is that going to get sorted please?

Thank you!

0 Kudos