Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpt_carnageasad
Reel Rookie

Remote Control notification with battery keeps popping up

A notification keeps popping up every 5 seconds showing current battery and the words “remote control”

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Remote Control notification with battery keeps popping up

It's usually sign your batteries are getting low.

0 Kudos
cpt_carnageasad
Reel Rookie

This a usb rechargeable remote showing 100% charged.

ajH20
Channel Surfer

Remote Control Battery Pop Up

I have an "issue" on my Ultra that has started in the last few days. In the upper right corner of the screen, it pops up the words "Remote Control?" and displays the battery charge. It pops it up there at what appears to be random times. Sometimes its 30 seconds or so apart then it stops for awhile. If I have the voice control button set to off, it starts popping up the "hands free voice is off" message instead. It's very distracting.

How do I fix it?

Model: 4802RW - Roku Ultra

SN: X0100015MN8N

Software: 12.5.0  build 4178-C2

Device ID: S0DC2365MN8N

ajH20
Channel Surfer

Me too!

Software: 12.5.0  build 4178-C2

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Control Battery Pop Up

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ajH20!

It is greatly appreciated that you have reached out to us for assistance and for providing us with precise information about your concern regarding the battery pop-up issue. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

We will be coordinating this with the relevant Roku team for further review and fix this as soon as possible. With this being said, kindly also include the Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID) so we can create a report ticket effectively. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @cpt_carnageasad!

We appreicate you for bringing this to our attention and we'd be happy to further assist you with this.

Kindly provide us the following details below so we can forward this to our relevant Roku team for further review and find you the best resolution possible:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ajH20
Channel Surfer

It's back!  The fix worked for a bit, now I have the same problem.  The battery remote control battery notification keeps popping up every 5 seconds.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ajH20,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience. That's not what we aim for. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ajH20
Channel Surfer

Software: 12.5.0  build 4178-C2

I tried to hit the home button 5 times and then the back button 5 times and it did not work.  I'm unable to find a tracker ID. 

0 Kudos