Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control loses Pairing to control TV functions

I have been using the Roku Voice Remote Pro for about 6 months with no issues, Starting in Late December 22 or early Jan 23, the remote started lose its paring to control the TV functions like power, volume up/down and mute, but the remote control functions that control the STB functions like channel change and back button continue to work.   My Roku is used with a Samsung 65 inch SmartTV. Did Roku perform an upgrade that broke the TV control functions?  I can repair teh remote the reoye and it will work for a few minutes then the TV pairing will again be lost.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Control loses Pairing to control TV functions

There have been a number of similar posts.  The TV control commands are sent via infrared (IR).  The remote's IR sending on some Voice remotes has started to fail intermittently.  This can be confirmed by pointing the remote at a digital camera, one in a cell phone will do, and observing the camera screen while pushing the tv control buttons (power, volume, mute) on the remote.  If IR is being sent you should see flashes on the camera screen.

See if the solution in this post helps. (https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Roku-Voice-Remote-TV-Controls-Stop-Working-Potential-Fix/m-p/8...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos