Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkg311qt

Remote won’t pair light blinking but stuck on pair your remote screen

I'm having the same issue as noted by all above; tried the steps in the troubleshooting guide, and still cannot pair my remote (and it's on the setup screen after the factory restart, so can't utilize the app to troubleshoot either). Help!

12 REPLIES 12
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote won’t pair light blinking but stuck on pair your remote screen

Hi @kkg311qt
Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
McClung

I had the same issues then saw a post on this thread that putting the remote directly next to the inline wireless receiver worked so I tried that and it did pair finally. Why the signal transmission is so weak for pairing is beyond me, but the remote after pairing works at distance from the TV fine.

0 Kudos
magicone
Reel Rookie

I just bought two new Roku Streaming Stick 4K (3820R2) and I was having the same issue with the screen stuck at "Pair your remote" screen. I tried all the trouble steps in this post and nothing seamed to work. After several times of powering off the stick to reboot all of sudden the one started to pair and the remote was about six feet away.  Tried to get the second one to work with no luck on another TV. For how long this is been going on there seem there would be a standard procedure that Roku would provide to get this to work. 

The one that does not work is:

Model: 3820X2

S/N:S0J7329MRVH1

I am hoping I get something back from Roku support on what I need to do next to get a new Roku device working. 

0 Kudos
Rokers1994

My remote is not working either. It is very frustrating.

Model: 4801X

S/N: SODD328PX6C9

0 Kudos
magicone
Reel Rookie

FYI I was able to finally find a Roku support phone number. 1 (816) 272-8106 and they did some troubleshooting with me over the phone which was pretty much the same troubleshooting found in this thread. They are now sending me a replacement. 

0 Kudos
Mneldner

Our remote is having the same issue, went through the trouble shooting steps. The device is plugged into the usb on the TV and the power source is the wall plug. Please help! The unit is only 2 months old and unpaired when we went to change the batteries.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mneldner,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulties in pairing your Roku remote. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

We recommend that you try to re-pair your voice remote with your streaming device. Start here for step-by-step instructions:

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

If the behavior continues, review the suggestions for more troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue further: How to set up your Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfeltrop

I am having the same problem....pairing lights are blinking but stuck on "pair your remote" screen

0 Kudos
jfeltrop

I have tried all the fixes and nothing is working to move past this screen.

0 Kudos