Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrevino72
Binge Watcher

ROKU Remote warranty-will not take ownership

my roku pro remote has been acting up volume will stop working, and will frequently need to be paired to the TV again, battery level is never gone below 50% before recharging and the tv is less than 15 feet away. I have tried to contact Roku support directly and they keep trying to tell me this is a TCL tv issue and I should contact the TV support for assistance with what remote is compatible with my Roku TV. yes the TV is made by TCL but has built in Roku, the remote I purchased from the Roku store on Amazon and is a Roku manufactured branded remote. I have also contacted  Amazon to see if they would possible assist with a replacement, but since it is a Roku device and purchased from the Roku amazon store they said I had to go through Roku support. Seems no one wants to take ownership of the problem, least of all Roku. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps, and still the same persistent issue.

Ain't nothin To it But To Do it
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Remote warranty-will not take ownership

Perhaps @RokuMary-F can help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @matrevino72,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're sorry if it caused any difficulties and I'd like to know more about how we can help. Just to confirm, the remote that is not working is a Roku remote that you purchase separately, is that correct? Is this a Roku Voice Remote Pro? If so, can you please provide the serial number/device ID of the Roku device that is paired with the remote? 

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
matrevino72
Binge Watcher

Yes, this a Roku voice remote pro that was purchased to replace the roku remote that came with the tv.

TV Serial# is -X00000EGRKPH

Device ID is- S02RT0DGRKPH

Model is 43S431

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @matrevino72,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our support team regarding your Roku Voice Remote Pro issue. Rest assured that I’ve followed up on your issue with our support request. We sincerely appreciate your patience. Keep an eye on your email, a member of our support team will be in contact.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
matrevino72
Binge Watcher

yes, I tried to contact support directly initially, but that was an exercise in futility, the agent kept trying to direct me to contact TCL support and would not listen when I told them several times that it was not a TCL product.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @matrevino72,

Thanks for following up.

We sincerely appreciate your patience regarding this matter, rest assured that I make a note when I escalated your issue to our Support team. Keep an eye out for a member of our Support team to contact you and follow up directly.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos