Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aligoggo
Reel Rookie

ROKU Basic Remote Not Working and TV went back to factory settings

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a Roku 4k with a basic remote.  2 days ago, the remote stopped working so I replaced the batteries, still nothing.  I have a reset button on the back of the tv so after unplugging and replugging, removing and re-inserting the batteries to no avail, I pushed the reset button.  Now the tv has gone back to factory settings reqioring a complete set-up which I cannot do beause my remote doesn't work.  I tried down;aoding the app but this seems futile because it requires my tv to be connected to the same internet connection.  I cannot complete this step.....so I'm completely stuck.

Just to reiterate, I have changed the batteries ( twice for good measure), I have unplugged and relpugged the power source.  I have removed the batteries and reinserted...nada Please Help Me !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aligoggo
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU Basic Remote Not Working and TV went back to factory settings

Jump to solution

Paired and ready to go!

I can't thank you enough ::))

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Check remote by pointing it at cellphone camera, if you see flashes for each button push its working, no flashes broken.  So this is a Roku tv, you will have to get in touch with tv manufacturer, Roku only supplies the UI for it and nothing else.

The fastest way to get a new remote is to go to Walmart and purchase Roku voice remote, about $19,88. Pair it to your Roku and be done with. Dealing manufacturer and waiting for it arrive through the mail you'll  be out remote for awhile. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
aligoggo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TY SO MUCH!  I'm leaving now...lolol

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Good, remember the remote won't  work straight  out  of the box, it first has to be paired with Roku tv. WIth batteries  in and battery door off, unplug the power from the tv for a bit, plug it back and when the picture comes back start pressing and holding the pairing button in the battery compartment for 5 seconds and release. Let it communicate with the tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
aligoggo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Paired and ready to go!

I can't thank you enough ::))

0 Kudos