Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyD_2
Level 7

Re: Private listening not working on Roku Ultra

I first reported this issue in April - the same problem just now more often. I constantly have to unplug the power and re-plug it in, it restarts itself when I un-plug and re-plug the headphones in, what the ! I'm ready to throw this device in the trash.

0 Kudos
angieswensen
Level 7

I wish I had an answer for you but fortunately for me the problem corrected itself and it hasn't happened again since my original post.   Hopefully the same think will happen for you?  Maybe see if there's an update available??

0 Kudos
xzv9s7
Level 8

This audio tweak worked for me. Plagued with this earphone issue for months!!  This is not the first time a firmware upgrade has messed up my Roku. I’m on version 10.0 so the issue clearly carried through the last update. 

0 Kudos
Jalanopi
Level 8

Model: 4660RW-Roku Ultra

Serial: YJ0002368515

Device ID: CS48C0368515

SW version/build: 10.5.0 - build 4208-46

Connection: wired

First time I've tried to use the private audio since I installed this thing and suddenly it started freezing and then resetting when I plugged and unplugged the headphone plug.  I found this thread and saw the suggestion to change the audio but I do not have a PC setting that I can find.  I changed AUDIO MODE from [AUTO] to [STEREO]; then changed DIGITAL OUTPUT FORMAT from [AUTO] to [STEREO].  The private audio works kinda/mostly but there are frequent irregular breaks in the audio through the headphone jack now.  It's functioning for now but we'll see how long it lasts.  IF ROKU is serious about resolving this issue I would be happy to exchange my unit for a new replacement so they can test on a deployed unit that has experienced this failure.  Let me know.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
xzv9s7
Level 8

But now it’s hitting hard. Tweaks and resets don’t work. 

Roku!!!!  Help me!!!

0 Kudos
lpearce77
Level 7

Thank you so much for this info davecod! Saved me a lot of stress!

0 Kudos