Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PckrBckr

Re: Previous channel button not working

Encountered the same problem.  Unplugged the stick and plugged it back in and after going to a second channel, pushing the rewind (or backup) button worked again.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Slnoel

On two different models of roku remotes, the back arrow button or the rewind button is the one that gets you back to a previous channel.  I have 4 remotes and they all work the same.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
JoJo43

I'm looking at your remote photo and can tell you mine has 4 buttons; Netflix, Disney, hulu, 'n sling and NONE of the are a previous channel button.  I've used the reverse, pause, and forward arrows view recorded programs, movies.  Don't understand why this remote never came with a previous channel button.  My Samsung remote for both TV's have said button for their channels.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @JoJo43

We would recommend rebooting your network and your Roku device. Then try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Cayotes

Thanks, this works.

0 Kudos
khustabak

The down arrow has the functiom of the ok button and nothing else works.The onky way i can fix it is if i take out the battery and put them back in.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @khustabak

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're here to help. Would you mind giving us more details regarding your concern? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Do you have a Roku simple or voice remote? What other troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Please let us know any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos