Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Roku remote to a Roku device

Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a good day and are doing well. I have a Roku remote that was paired with one Roky device and I paired it with another, however I now cannot pair the remote with the original device it was paired with. Additionally, I have a second Roku remote that was paired with a Roku device and then all of a sudden out of nowhere the Roku remote stopped working, I changed out the batteries and the remote still won't work; I even tried to clicking on the pairing button, but nothing happens; the remote remains unresponsive. Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ayan 

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pairing Roku remote to a Roku device

For the first one that you want to pair to the original device you may want to unplug the power from any other Roku devices you have while you're trying to pair it so they don't interfere with the process.

For the second remote, you have to press and hold the pairing button until the light starts flashing.  A simple "click" won't do it.  If the light never starts flashing then either the batteries are bad or the remote is bad.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
olson17007

My original Roku remote does not have a pairing button

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @olson17007

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? 

Furthermore, if your remote doesn't have a pairing button, you might have the Roku simple remote. Our simple remote uses invisible infrared (IR) light to transmit button presses a short distance. It must be pointed directly at the Roku device and there must be nothing blocking the signal from traveling to the front of that device, where the IR receiver is located.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos