Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgreene

Ok Button On Remote Not Working

My Roku remote is working perfectly fine except I cannot click the OK button so I cannot get into any programming. I used the voice which got me to Peloton but I can’t click to login. Are there any fixes to this? I’ve reset and repaired twice now.  It’s very frustrating.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ok Button On Remote Not Working

Remote buttons can get dust/fluff between the contacts and interfere with the connection. I'd first try blowing compressed air around the buttons to see if anything can be dislodged. If that's not successful, it's possible it simply has failed. You didn't state what model Roku you have. If it's any model other than a Stick, you can get an inexpensive universal IR remote for under $10 that should work as a replacement. The genuine Roku remote might also be available, but again we need to know what model player you have to recommend a replacement.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
bleyvi
Reel Rookie

Hi I am trying to set up my TV and cannot connect to a network because Okay button does not work on my streaming stick remote.

Just bought this a couple hours ago - please help on next steps!!

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@bleyvi  Return it 

0 Kudos
bleyvi
Reel Rookie

you think so?

know i’m not the first person to have the issue and scared to rebuy a faulty one

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

If I just bought something a few hours ago I would go back to the store and exchange it. I own 9 Roku’s with no issues. So the middle d-pad button isn’t working?

0 Kudos
bleyvi
Reel Rookie

You’re totally right; a return is the way to go. And correct yes I thought it was the streaming stick at first because I had trouble pairing, resolved after a few tries of taking out the batteries. But then that’s when the new problem occurred with the Okay button not working. So I’m back at square one LOL

bobtan1978

Please help.

same issues.  We purchased new remote, everything works but the OK button?

please advise

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

The advice above still looks good to me.  If a new gadget has a bad button, then an exchange at the store is a good plan.

Banned but back. Because why not?
SysTech_Larry
Channel Surfer

I programmed my Spectrum 1060BCx cable remote for my Roku TV.

When I push all of the buttons that do work, the TV button lights.

When I push the OK button, the CBL button lights, instead. For all the codes that I have tried so far for Roku TV & Roku device, this remote only sends OK as a cable remote code.

I have not found an alternate button for TV's OK.

0 Kudos