Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghouston
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Volume Control Raise/Lower levels won't stop - keep going to max or 0

Unfortunately, I have the rechargeable remote that doesn't have batteries. Good suggestion for those with battery-powered remotes, though!

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

Re: Remote Volume Control Raise/Lower levels won't stop - keep going to max or 0

@ghouston 

Yes, I get that too.  My Sony TV has a front panel LED that blinks whenever it acknowledges an IR code.  So, if I adjust the volume, and notice the LED doesn't blink, I know the TV is about to blast.  If the LED does blink, then I know it won't blast and so don't have to be ready to lower the volume.

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

I just got blasted, again.  I was watching a YouTube video.  I pressed volume up once, then placed the remote down.  A few seconds later, volume is rapidly increasing and its late at night.  I had to jump up and hurry and turn it down because I have neighbors.  This is issue getting a bit ridiculous.

0 Kudos
ghouston
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

You need to remove the "solved" tag from this thread. It's not **bleep**ing solved. Stop marking it as such!

You're pissing everyone off with your flippant attitude towards a destructive bug Roku created and has yet to roll back!

How do we get another "Forum Moderator" in here? You are single-handedly doing us a disservice by being in here on our behalf.

milwbassplayer
Channel Surfer

I'm just about done with ROKU , I'll find another way to stream , F it , instead of breaking my TV speakers and being irritated , always wondering what's gonna happen every time I press the **bleep** volume knob . This sucks ass

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

I was happy when my 3810X just pushed update 11.5.0 build 4312-50 but sorry to say, the volume blasting issue is still present.

0 Kudos
MacGyverS2000
Reel Rookie

I thought it was just a bad remote... until I (hardware/firmware engineer for 35+ years) started debugging the issue, and then came across threads like this one.  I put in a fix-it ticket just before finding this thread.

The max/min volume issue has been with me since the beginning.  It appears somewhat random in nature, but once it starts, it usually means the remote will soon stop responding to both the volume and power buttons.  If it starts a ramp in one direction, pressing the opposite button will begin a ramp in the opposite direction... but it will never stop ping-ponging until it hits the min or max volume.  I can only recover functionality by re-pairing the remote with the TV.

Samsung TV, 3-month old Roku Ultra w/voice remote (I generally keep the voice option switch turned off)

No similar issues (so far) with two 4k sticks and non-voice remotes.

I'll post serial #, etc. when I get home.  But if these boxes are self-updating firmware every week, give or take, then this issue is most definitely NOT resolved.

0 Kudos
chall3809
Channel Surfer

Great summary - Thanks!  

I had the update pushed down last night as well - and the problem persists!

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

With my RC795 remote, I don't have to wait until it stops.  I can press any button to cease the impending blasting or silencing.  This issue did not start until OS 11.5.0 pushed.  If you buy a new device, it will automatically update to 11.5.0.

0 Kudos
Slammyj
Channel Surfer

This issue is not resolved and there is no instructions on how to resolve. The threads persist.  I have a Samsung TV with a Roku model 4802X with the chargeable remote.  The volume doesn’t peak and valley, it just intermittently doesn’t work. It also seems as through the audio volume isn’t level even though I may have sound settings set to leveling. 
 Please update with a fix or acknowledge the issue is being investigated.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos