After updating to OS 11.5.0 build 4216-50 on my 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+, upon adjusting the volume to my Sony TV, the remote will intermittently keep turning the volume up/dn for a few seconds.
The remote is performing the action because while this issue is occurring, I can block the remote with my hand to cease the action, and then remove my hand and it continues. Voice Remote Pro, RC795, fw en_US, 0024.
Thanks for the post.
Have you already tried re-pairing your Roku remote to your TV to see if you are still experiencing the same issue.
If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-brand and model TV you are using
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.
Re-pairing was the first thing I tried, multiple times even. Pressing home 5x, then back 5 times reveals no tracking ID.
The issue is very intermittent, works 90-percent of the time, but at times it will repeatedly continue to lower or raise the volume. My Sony KD-55X720E has a front LED, and I can clearly see it blinking while the volume is ghost adjusting. It continues for 15-20 seconds. I can block the beam and it stops, remove my hand and it continues, so it is definitely the remote.
I have been using my voice remote pro for three months without any issue until after the latest OS update.
Thanks for the post.
Can you please provide us with your device information as requested in my last reply?
Once I have that information, I'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
Information requested was in my previous posts except Serial number YH0097428140, and Device ID C13799428140.
I am now trying to recreate the issue to submit a tracker ID (I was using the left button 5x instead of the back button).
I was unsuccessful at brute force attempts to reproduce the issue, I thought maybe it was fixed in 11.5.0 build 4225-50, that pushed this morning but while I was turning the volume up, it reproduced. I wasn't able to capture it that time. I had to quickly turn down my volume before I got a noise complaint (my TV connects to my home stereo optical input).
I was able to reproduce the issue as follows:
I used my old RC150 remote and could not reproduce the issue. I figured it must be the remote.
I bought a new RC795. Unfortunately, it too exhibits the same issue. I can play a video and switch back and forth between remotes, the issue only reproduces using the RC795.
I just realized that I rarely adjust my volume because it is always uniform, but since the update, my volume is all over the place. I adjust it but then when I switch to a different app or video on YouTube, the volume is much higher or lower.
It is like the Roku is no longer decoding the different audio formats correctly for my TV.
Build 4235-50 did not fix it. 😐
This issue has been occurring more frequently lately, but not on my old RC150 remote, but it uses a different brand code 0A77 'Sony' (as TV), and my RC795 remote uses brand code 0D57 'SONY' (as TV).
To isolate my 3810x - Roku Streaming Stick+ from the equation, I went out and bought a brand-new Roku device, unfortunately, it exhibits the same issue. Following are the details of the new device:
Model 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K
Serial number X017008AFE95
Software version 11.5.0 build 4235-CU
Device ID S08Y427AFE95
PS: I have not provided a ticket ID only because when the issue occurs, and then I press any button, the issue ceases. If there is another way to get a ticket ID by not pressing any buttons, please let me know.
I got the tracker ID 40-436-433.
It was not easy to acquire because pressing any button on the remote would cease the volume up repeating.
So, what I did was I installed the Roku remote app onto my phone, and when I was able to reproduce the issue, I used my phone to retrieve a tracker ID. The remote was exhibiting the issue even while I was on the tracker screen.