Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chadmg08

Roku 4k express with LG tv

Jump to solution

My brand new 4k express + will not recognize the LG tv. I'm trying to get the volume and power button to work and it ask to enter the brand and it does not recognize LG as a brand but when it gives an example it says like LG lol. Please help

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4k express with LG tv

Jump to solution

Some have reported that by connecting to another network, for instance their phone's wifi hotspot, while setting up their remote for their TV, it enables the TV brand to be recognized so the setup can complete.  Once the remote is successfully set up for the TV, you can then return to your normal home network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Moturick
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 4k express with LG tv

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem. LG is not recognized as a valid brand in the search. The hotspot suggestion in another post has no effect at all, nor should it. 

0 Kudos

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

I just bought my Roku 4K+ and it’s doing the same thing so what’s the problem and how do I fix it some of these posts are over a year old

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

@Philhuffman  Have you tried any of these codes? I have 3 Samsung TV’s. Remotes to my Roku program instantly. It’s something with your brand TV

https://smarthomestarter.com/what-are-the-universal-remote-codes-for-an-lg-tv/

0 Kudos
lambie42
Reel Rookie

Re: Received a no search results when trying to set up remote

Jump to solution

This worked for me. Bizarre part is that they were two identical 10 year old Samsungs.

0 Kudos
lambie42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the exact same problem with a ROKU voice remote and a Samsung TV. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lambie42

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, then try to re-pair the remote to your TV to see if the search results in any TV brands? Customers have reported that they were able to resolve their issue by following those steps.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HELP64
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Whatever you did in the past 3-4 days has corrected the problem. My remote is now finally fully functional with my TV.

0 Kudos