Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelogs1997

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

It's been over 2 months and I'm still having this same issue. No matter what letter I search it says "no results found." Roku please fix your software this is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Jerm
Reel Rookie

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

If you are having the same issue and are reading this, please post a reply. Maybe they will hasten their resolution when they see the true numbers of displeased customers.

0 Kudos
Molerj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still waiting for the fix

0 Kudos
bbaldwin

Can't set up remote for TV control (Vizio)

Jump to solution

I've got a new Roku Streaming Stick 4k+ and a Vizio TV. Everything is working except I can't set up the remote for TV control.

I go through the steps but whatever I enter for the TV brand it just tells me "No search results." I think I've entered in every possible first letter.

What can I do?

Dramegno

Re: Can't set up remote for TV control (Vizio)

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my streaming stick 4k with my Samsung tv. I have noticed that despite the roku having an internet connection the brand search can not find any brands what so ever including all of the brands listed as examples on the brand search screen when there is nothing in the text field.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I just set up a new Streaming Stick 4K+, and shuffled some remotes around between rooms so that I was reprogramming several remotes to control different tvs.

On all of them, when going into the setup routine using the remote to be programmed for the tv, (Settings > Remotes and devices > Remotes > Remote (in use) > Set up remote for TV control) the on screen instructions started off by telling me it had identified my tv brand, correctly in my case (one Samsung, one JVC).  Then I had the choice to just Continue, Change the tv brand, or Cancel.  Just choosing "Continue" went right into the setup routine without having to enter a brand name.  Maybe I was just lucky that it always identified my TV brand correctly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
hector22x
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do you guys happen to have pihole? I do, and I only managed to make this work by temporarily disabling pihole, then resetting the Roku (I used the reset button on the underside of my Roku Ultra). After doing that, I went to Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->Enhanced Voice Remote->Set up remote for TV control. and it recognized the TV right away. (this method worked on two different Rokus)

0 Kudos
HELP64
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What is a pihole?

0 Kudos
hector22x
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Basically, a DNS level ad blocker. 

0 Kudos
ChRose

Jump to solution

To RokuDanny-R, Until there is an update, what should we do at this point in the setup?

0 Kudos