Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palletjack

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

I bought 4 of the Roku Streaming Stick+.
connected three of them Thursday (12-16-21) and all worked as expected. The last one was last night (12-18-21) and I had the issue of the device not recognizing ANY tv brand.

so two days makes a difference??

I bought mine from Amazon, I’ll just return it and have them send me another one.

over and over again…

0 Kudos
sammym123

unable to find tv brand in search

Jump to solution

So i try to set up my roku remote to tv settings like volume and on/off buttons, and i go to the settings > remotes and devices > remotes > voice remote > set up remote for tv control. It says they need to know the brand in order to control the tv. and below that it says examples, samsung, LG, sony, etc. And my tv is a Samsung so i type in samsung and it says no search results. this entry is not recognized as a supported brand. Why and what do i do now? 

0 Kudos
JewelryLady67
Reel Rookie

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

SAME with my Brand new Roku Express when trying to setup for my Sanyo TV! Having power on option and volume controls are the very reasons I purchased this and can't find my TV 😞

0 Kudos
JewelryLady67
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote set up tv brand not listed

Jump to solution

SAME issue and my tv is a Sanyo. VERY frustrating because I spent extra money to get this remote so I could use the power and volume buttons and I can't use them 😞 Not a happy camper!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JewelryLady67 

Try Fisher tv codes for your Sanyo. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JewelryLady67
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much but this didn't work either. I'm so sad 😞

0 Kudos
Wukasz

Jump to solution

I had the same issue, tried a different hdmi port and it worked!

0 Kudos
rahim

Re: [OS 10.5] Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

I set up three Rokus in the last few days, on the same model of TV. On two of them, I was able to search/browse the list of TV brands. But on the third one, the list was empty, and search returned no results.

What didn't work: system update, settings -> advanced -> restart

What DID work: reset the Roku to factory settings, and start setup from scratch

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same problem as the customer of the LG tv.  Roku express 4k+ does not recognize my tv brand. No tv brand of any type brings up the "list" of supported tv's when you type something in

Did factory reset, no change

Waiting for any useful information to resolve this...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dustylou85

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We appreciate your patience regarding this issue. We believe this issue will be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Is there a time frame we're looking at? I see this was posted a week ago. It looks like people have been having this issue a lot longer than that. I just bought a Roku for my son. If it's not ever going to be able to control his volume, I'd like to know now so I don't waste time on it.

0 Kudos