Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

Same problem with my LG.  Please be sure to post the fix as soon as possible.  This is very frustrating.  

0 Kudos
LouisTLipp
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote, tv control set up, no manufacturers in list

Jump to solution

Same problem exactly having tried every option offered. In the past I have had to replace all my Roku remotes. What a mess.

0 Kudos
Socal1
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote, tv control set up, no manufacturers in list

Jump to solution

The Roku software over the weekend resolved my issues with the remote.  The volume button controls the volume on the tv, remote button works as well.

0 Kudos

Re: Received a no search results when trying to set up remote

Jump to solution

I have same issue. My tv is LG and Roku Ultra LT 

Tried setting remote at 2021-11-29 4pm PST

0 Kudos
Ronmilad

Can’t select a tv brand when setting up remote

Jump to solution

During setup of streaming stick 4K, the unit did not recognize my Sony Bravia TV.   I went to manually input the tv brand and it does not recognize Sony. I tried entering LG and Samsung and it did not recognize these either.  As a result I can’t use the Roku remote to control the TV volume. Can this be fixed or do need to return the unit ?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t select a tv brand when setting up remote

Jump to solution

There seem to be a lot of people having this problem. I don't know of a definitive solution, but try restarting your Roku (unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in). Once it restarts, check for updates from Settings->System->System update and then try to set up the remote again from Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->Enhanced Voice Remote->Set up remote for TV control.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrnovolume

Jump to solution

Same issue. Again.  Roku 4k stick (brand new October 15 2021) streams, but wont recognize my LG TV (or any other brand or even letter of a brand manually) so we need a separate remote for power and volume (annoying.) Just got a second new 4k stick for my other TV, a Vizio. Same exact problem. Why can't a company as big as Roku have even a robot chat or possible human to try and fix this???  This issue should be on the main Roku troubleshooting sight. I had to dig around to even find this link, to then find that there still isn't any fix.  Disappointing. 

HELP64
Binge Watcher

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

It has been 3 weeks since you posted that you were aware of the problem and were working on it. Any update for the thousands of us out here with the same problem?

0 Kudos
LouisTLipp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I couldn't agree with you more. Update 10.5.0 appears to be the culprit.  However, no acknowledgement of the issue or path to repair from Roku. We all expected more.

0 Kudos
HELP64
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello........anybody out there? Did you give up?