Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Received a no search results when trying to set up remote

Jump to solution

@Raincloud 

Sounds like its controlling the tv by cec instead of IR like it can. Try skipping the first postive result and seeing if a later code is actually your brand's IR commands. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JosquinDePrez
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Voice Remote can't find tv brand

Jump to solution

Yes, resetting to factory settings and updating to 10.5 solved the problems completely.  Thanks for the advice.

Clipper4255
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried the factory reset and reinstall to no avail. When I enter the full name of the Tv or 1 letter it still says nothing found. Very frustrating and this is my 2nd box.

0 Kudos
pooter9909

Jump to solution

I reset the roku 5 times and that did not fix the issue. The volume and power controls worked the tv straight out of the box. I had to reset the roku box due to it getting hung up on the email screen. After the reset the remote would not control anything but the roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ed573

Thanks for the post.

We are currently investigating the issue that users are reporting. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gasdaddy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing here.  No TV manufacturers pop up no matter what letter I start off with.

0 Kudos
Gasdaddy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Follow up to:  The remote wouldn't recognize any TV manufacturer.   I did what someone else posted earlier and now it works.

TV 1 is the problem and it's a Samsung.  I have another Samsung (different model), I'll call it TV 2.  I tested the Samsung TV 1 remote on TV 2 and it worked fine so I took the Roku off of TV 1 and put it on TV 2 and went through the Roku settings to set up the Roku remote to control TV 2 and it immediately recognized the TV 2 brand as a Samsung and the Roku remote worked on TV 2.  I then put the Roku back on TV 1 and tried the Roku remote on TV 1 and it worked just like it should to control TV 1.  So, no, I never got it to recognize TV 1, but now that it works I don't care.

That doesn't solve the problem for those of you that don't have multiple same-brand TV's though.

Socal1
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote, tv control set up, no manufacturers in list

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue with two new Roku Voice Remotes

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue. Not super pleased. Hopefully there’s a fix soon. 

0 Kudos
tt1948
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku 4660 ultra, not pwr/vol control.  Key info; during the remote/TV setup the remote does NOT output any IR light!  (I have a that displays IR light)

Roku 3941X, Will not list ANY TV manufacture when used with either of TWO new Voice Remotes, therefor one can not select a manufacture and attempt to complete the setup.

The Express 4K+, and TWO voice remotes are all new, from Roku, never used.

Reset, to factory, re-paired, retried a bunch.  Changed HDMI port and cable.  Tried with CEC on and CEC off. Tried with Roku "control other device" in System Settings on/off; no difference.

0 Kudos