Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshuabeaugrand
Reel Rookie

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

Has there been a fix for this?

I am having same issue when searching for my Samsung TV. This is ridiculous...@RokuDanny-R

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Doesn’t work TV for Volume process is flawed

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we are aware of this issue and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HELP64
Binge Watcher

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

I posted all that information here on this post last week. Where did it go? I also emailed you the same.

joshuabeaugrand
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I do not have any emails. Can you please re post the resolution here in this thread?

0 Kudos
Edavis452
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing worked for me (reset, new batteries, etc..) However eventually it just started working. Not sure what happened.

JosquinDePrez
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote can't find tv brand

Jump to solution

When attempting to pair a new Roku Voice Remote with a Panasonic TV, the menu pops up and asks you to enter a TV brand to find.  You can put any tv brand in (I've tried 13 so far) and it says no search results.  So Panasonic, Sony, LG, Samsung, Tobishba, Vizio, Hisense, TCL apparently don't exist as real TVs.

This remote is worthless to me.  Unless I can find an answer,  it will be time to return the new remote (even if I loose $19 and the shipping costs) and buy something NOT Roku.

I've scoured the roku web site and find nothing about it.

Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Voice Remote can't find tv brand

Jump to solution

So if you follow the steps here:

settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in use> program tv> follow prompts>

Does it put up prompt, where you can search the tv brand it thinks you have? Or switch tv brands. You hit the latter and simply enter P, it doesn't give you a list of tv brands which includes panasonic that start with P? 

I have tried it on the Express 4k+, Stick 4K 3820, Stick 4K+ 3821, and Roku Ultra 4800 and all give my a full list of tv brands starting with P to chose from. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JosquinDePrez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No matter what I enter, the response is that that brand can't be found.  I've tried ever letter of the alphabet to see if it will start a list.  I get "No search results"  This is a 4660X Roku Ultra.  

Clipper4255
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am in the same situation with my Roku. I had a 4800x that I gave up on and returned and get a 4800 r and I’m in the same situation! Roku support last replied to me 10-31-21. I followed up and even after almost 2 weeks no answers! 

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Ultra 4800r is the Roku, box, accessories, where 4800x is just ultra itself. No difference in the two models. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos