Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HELP64
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote model RC-EL1 - will not accept any TV manufacturer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, I replied via email on 10/27 at 6:17pm to the email request you sent with all this information. If you need me to resend let me know.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Powerz

Re: Received a no search results when trying to set up remote

Jump to solution

Doesn’t find Samsung TV.

model: 3921IRW - Premiere +
s/n: yhoof8264583 (jg289f264583)

sftwr ver: 10.0.0 - build 4209-91

timestamp: 2021-10129T22:49:58Z

Issue ID  83-434-809

0 Kudos
HELP64
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny, thank you for working on this issue, here's the information you requested. The problem is during the remote control set up for a Sony TV it doesn't complete then leads to manual set up where you can't select any brand. The remote will control volume but not power or mute.

Model 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number X01600UYUX90

Software version 10.5.0 build 4191-CR

Device ID S07P217YUX90

Voice Remote RC-EL1

Sony TV  KDL-60EX645

Manual Setup1.jpgProblem1.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Powerz

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@HELP64

Thanks for the post and providing us with the information we have requested.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same issue here, I have a Samsung and nothing pops up. Tried every letter, still no search results. I also updated, still nothing 

0 Kudos
HELP64
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Is the reply below I received 11/4 via email supposed to answer the following "I want to know why I can’t select a very common brand of TV (Sony) during the manual set up for TV control with a model RC-EL1 voice remote control?" No resolution here.

Lets try a different approach. 

Please explain why can’t I select any common brand of TV (i.e. Sony, LG, Samsung) during the manual set up for TV control on a Roku Express 4K+ with a model RC-EL1 voice remote control.

Hello ,

It’s been a while since we've heard from you, so this automated message is here to remind you that we're looking forward to your response on the ticket you requested. If we don’t hear back from you in 3 days, well assume it’s safe to mark the ticket as resolved.

In case you forgot, here's what your ticket was about:

CS/CH-Praseetha Thirumalaivasan, Nov 2, 2021, 12:25 PDT:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Please be informed that, some models of each brand does not allow the TV power and volume to be controlled by Roku remote.

Thank you for choosing Roku. Have a great day!

Regards,
Prasee
Roku Customer Support

0 Kudos
DGDpa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So frustrating, and by the number of people that seem to have this issue, Roku, doesn’t do anything to help. Why isn’t someone from support checking these issues out and helping. I have tried every single ‘suggestion’ and absolutely no help. Is the issue with certain production dates that something wasn’t done right? Guess it would be interesting to see what everyone has that seems to be having these issues

0 Kudos
racipc

Remote Doesn’t work TV for Volume process is flawed

Jump to solution

Brand new Roku and voice remote, pairs fine to run streaming but will not turn TV on or off. Process locks up where I have to enter the TV brand (LG). System does not find LG as a TV brand?

0 Kudos
mpodb

Re: Voice remote, tv control set up, no manufacturers in list

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue- we’re you able to resolve the issue? Please share how! @Gizmobreaker @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos