Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue but with a samsung, which also used in the example. There is no button to capitalize the letters. I type in samsung and it says no results found. The setup on my vizio went flawlessly and it connected no problem so idk what the deal is with this second remote.

0 Kudos
HELP64
Binge Watcher

Re: Why am i unable to find LG when searching for my TV brand during remote setup?

Jump to solution

Been having the same problem with Sony.......Roku this is your problem, please fix. Very, very frustrating.

Edavis452
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Anyone get a resolution for this? I’m having same issue where it doesn’t find “lg” and no way to capitalize.

brand new device and fully updated.

0 Kudos
Jww2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also getting the no tv found. This is on two different tvs: one a 2010 LG and the other a 2018 Samsung. The two Rokus are 1/ Ultra (4800X) and Streaming Stick 4k (3820X).

Multiple messages about this online. It is clearly the Roku software that is screwing things up. But the two Rokus are running different Roku software versions. LG runs Roku software 10.5.1 Build 4043-CU. The Samsung is running Roku software 10.5.0 build 4191-C2.

And I have two tvs in a different location running a Roku Ultra and an older streaming stick (3810) where the remotes ARE identifying the tvs correctly (a Samsung and a SONY TV).

Roku should do us all a favor and tell us they haven't figured this out so we can all stop restarting our devices in the hopes the remotes will work as advertised.

0 Kudos
imgeo
Reel Rookie

Re: Received a no search results when trying to set up remote

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. No matter what I type it says no search results.

gl135

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this with an LG and the Express 4k+, very irritating that Roku has no response or solution to this. Brand new device, no other issues.

0 Kudos
HELP64
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote model RC-EL1 - will not accept any TV manufacturer

Jump to solution

This is the exact problem I'm having. Did this guy ever get an answer?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

If you're still experiencing an issue with your TV showing up in Search results when setting up the remote TV and power controls, please feel free to provider us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote model RC-EL1 - will not accept any TV manufacturer

Jump to solution

@HELP64

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What brand TV are you trying to pair your remote with?

With more specific information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos