Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chet802
Channel Surfer

OK button is not changing live TV channel. What might this be?

When searching LIVE TV channels with my remote- this works fine. When I go to hit the center OK button to select a desired channel is where I have noticed an issue. The OK button does not seemt o want to let me change to my desired channel. I have restarted the TV, unplugged it, the remote works fine when using other Apps such as NetFlix, BritBox and such. Just when I go to watch LIVE TV is where this issue has seemed to pop up. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Frank

10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OK button is not changing live TV channel. What might this be?

@chet802 

I'm not sure I'm following you entirely. Here's what I'm trying to figure out.

@chet802 wrote:

When searching LIVE TV channels with my remote- this works fine. ...

Are you talking about the Live TV section of the Main Menu on the Roku home screen? When I go into that, there is no Search option? How are you searching that?

Or, are you talking about somewhere else?

Or, are you browsing the area, not actually using a search form?

When I browse Live TV (as I don't see a Search option anywhere on my Roku device) anything I highlight launches. So I'm thinking I'm not doing the same thing as you, so if you could walk me through the steps, that would be helpful. Perhaps we can figure this out.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Perhaps its the Live Tv Guide? @chet802 can use the cursor pad to scroll searching the channels but won't allow them to pick a channel with the OK key?

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
chet802
Channel Surfer

These are the steps I follow (I'll add three photos as well):

1) Select the LIVE TV option from the main menu

2) The channel I'm presently on is 247. Great. I can watch that and all is fine.

3) I push the left arrow on the remote to bring up the LIVE TV channel guide, try to select channel 245 but when I select the center OK button on the remote- it does not switch from channel 247 to 245 but stays planted on 247.IMG_6656.JPGIMG_6657.JPGIMG_6658.JPG 

0 Kudos
chet802
Channel Surfer

Correct.

0 Kudos
chet802
Channel Surfer

Ok- my wife figured this one out.

All I needed to do was rescan the tv for channels. I guess that did some sort of refresh to the channel selection feature. Who knows but at least I wanted to put this out there in the event someone else encounters this type of hiccup.

Had exact issue and re-scan fixed it.  Thanks for great problem and solution details!

0 Kudos
chet802
Channel Surfer

Ok- so the simple channel re-scan did fix the issue of not being able to change channels on live TV but that was a onetime fix. I seem to have to keep rescanning my TV for channels each time I want to watch live TV or just watch the one channel. Anyone know why this issue is repeating itself?

Thanks- Frank

0 Kudos
chet802
Channel Surfer

Would be nice if a tech expert from ROKU might chime in. 

0 Kudos
renojim

@chet802, there really aren't any tech experts from Roku here.  The best you can hope for is that a moderator like @RokuDanny-R will forward the issue to the appropriate people.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos