Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jo-Anne1

Not a rechargeable remote

I am trying to set up my non chargeable roku remote 

can you help me 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not a rechargeable remote

"Not rechargeable" still could be two very different remote types.

If the remote does not have volume and mute buttons on the right side, then it is a so-called "simple" remote that needs no setup other than being sure the batteries are good and inserted according to the diagram molded into the battery compartment.  They work by direct line of sight infrared, so you just point at the Roku and press the buttons.  Be sure there is nothing blocking the signal between the remote and the Roku.

If it does have volume and mute buttons on the right side it is one of the Voice Remotes that must be paired with the Roku.  See this help article from Roku:  https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not a rechargeable remote

Is it a Voice Remote?  Have you looked at this?

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

If it's not a Voice Remote then no setup is needed, but it will only work with certain Roku devices, so we'd need more information about what you're trying to do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos