Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWTrash88

No Remote Replacement for Streaming Stick?!

I have had a Roku Streaming Stick for a while now and it works fine but the remote is a pain and trying to find a replacement is even harder. Literally none of the remotes be it here or Amazon work with a streaming stick. 

What now? 

SKU# is 3500R 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Remote Replacement for Streaming Stick?!

Sorry but no. You can not buy a new replacement for the 3500 purple stick. You can go used on eBay look for Roku 3 remotes looked the rc03. It has headphone jack that WON'T work but the rest of the keys will once paired. If you have a tv with cec feature, the Roku 3 remote has volume keys that would control a tv with cec feature turned on. 

I would just replace the Roku stick instead going the above route.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@CWTrash88 

Edit: Following the advice of @Tivoburkee would probably be your best bet.

Original response:

No, there is no current remote that works with the model 3500 Roku HDMI Streaming Stick.

Unless you can find a third party device that works with that device, or a used one on eBay or some other place, you're out of luck.

You could use the Roku app on your phone to control it.

Amazon does have a third party remote that claims to work with the 3500, but I am skeptical of that claim. Unless you can find an acceptable alternative (app, used remote) the only other option is to replace the device.

If it comes to that, at least you got eight good years out of it. And the current sticks are much better devices.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CWTrash88

Thanks for the post.

As mentioned by the Roku Community Experts, we no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos