Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdbausch
Channel Surfer

New roku streaming stick + voice remote not pairing

I just got a new roku streaming stick + and out of the box during initial setup it warned of needing to pair remote.  I could not get the included remote to pair.  On inserting the batteries, it flashed the green light twice, then would never go in to pairing mode even after multiple attempts of holding down the pairing button.

I have had about 6 or 7 rokus over the years, and so I was able to pair an old remote to this new stick, and get that working fine.  I am not able to get this new remote working with the either this new stick or any of the other rokus I’ve attempted to pair it with.

it always does the same thing.  Green light flashes twice when batteries are inserted, then no response to holding down the pairing button.

is this thing just DOA? Or is there something else going on I’m missing?  If it is dead, how can I go about getting just the remote replaced? I don’t want to return the stick, it is working fine with a different remote

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New roku streaming stick + voice remote not pairing

@Jdbausch

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jdbausch
Channel Surfer

Serial number sent in a DM

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jdbausch

Thanks for reaching out regarding the information that I have requested.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos