Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spoonshawna
Channel Surfer

Need the power cord plugged in for it to work

I just bought a Roku Voice Remote Pro and my tv says it’s charged to a hundred% and the green light is solid but if I unplug it from my power cord it doesn’t work???????

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: Need the power cord plugged in for it to work

What do you mean it doesn’t work? If it’s fully charged it won’t charge anymore. it does not need to be plugged into a charger in order for you to use it. 

0 Kudos
Spoonshawna
Channel Surfer

I’m just telling u what it does I plug it in it has a solid green light on and I can use it, I unplugg it light goes off I can’t get it to work! When it’s plugged in to the cord it works fine! That is what it is doing!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

How long ago did you buy it? Where did you buy it from? If you purchased it within the last 12 months it’s under warranty from Roku., here is a link to start a warranty claim. So basically your remote only works when it’s plugged in as soon as you unplug it it will no longer work which means it’s not holding a charge. 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
Spoonshawna
Channel Surfer

I just bought it today! I have had it in the charger for about two hours! And yes as soon as I unplugg it all goes black and it won’t work! And thank you for the link!!

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Where did you buy it from? Walmart? Target? If you just bought it today then go back to the store and exchange it. You did pair it correct? I own 3 Voice Remote Pros. Have had them for a year. Worked right out of the box. If I just bought something and the same day it wasn’t working the first thing I would do is go back to the store I bought it from 

0 Kudos
Spoonshawna
Channel Surfer

Yes it is paired I even looked in settings and the remote under my tv says Roku  voice remote pro and if it wasn’t paired it wouldn’t work on my tv even if it was plugged Into the cord!!!!!

FastFurious
Roku Guru

@Spoonshawna  Why don’t you just return it to the store you bought it from?

0 Kudos
Spoonshawna
Channel Surfer

Well of course I’ll return it I was just making sure I wasn’t messing anything up! And if anyone knowledgeable would help with a quick fix!!!!!

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

It’s a remote. You charge it. Pair it and it works. Nothing else to do. So exchange it for another one. There is no “quick fix”. 

0 Kudos