Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Need the power cord plugged in for it to work

Out of curiosity, is there something you have to do before first use? Sometimes with battery devices there is a piece of plastic used to block the batteries and prevent them from draining during shipping and sitting on a shelf. Even though the batteries may be built-in, there may be something you have to do to enable them.

0 Kudos
Spoonshawna
Channel Surfer

I don’t see anything like a plastic tab or anything! I even put it on the charger overnight and it works when I have it plugged into the cord, but doesn’t work when I take the cord off!

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

@andyross  I own 3 Roku Voice Remote Pros. There is no plastic pull tab. No battery compartment. Nothing to do. Mine were even at 60% charged out of the box. I paired them and charged them afterwards. Been like that for the past year. 
@Spoonshawna  Exchange your Roku voice remote pro from whatever store you bought it from. There’s obviously something defective 

0 Kudos
Gfred
Reel Rookie

My voice remote shows fully charged, then just stops working. When I plugged it in the on screen meter showed fully charged, then began to flicker between charging and fully charged. I had a ghost reading flickering on the screen until I unplugged it. Don't know what's going on.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Gfred

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps provided in this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos