Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johana0305
Channel Surfer

My Voice remote is not pairing to my streaming stick I’ve tried resetting the device

so I got a new voice remote because I had lost my old one. I currently have the Roku streaming stick and I cannot get it to connect. It easily pairs with my other Roku devices. I have factory resent the streaming stock and tried all steps and it still won’t pair. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Voice remote is not pairing to my streaming stick I’ve tried resetting the device

Try it with your other roku devices unplugged from the power.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Johana0305
Channel Surfer

Re: My Voice remote is not pairing to my streaming stick I’ve tried resetting the device

I have and it still won’t pair 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Unplug this roku from the power for a bit, plug it back in when stops bouncing start pressing and holding the pairing button for 5 seconds and release. Allow it to communicate with roku, it is alright if the light goes out don't touch a thing. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Johana0305
Channel Surfer

I tried and it still won’t pair 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

... but this remote WILL pair with your other Rokus?

Have you tried pairing one of those other remotes to the problem stick?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

What is the color of your roku stick, purple? If it is NO current wifi remote will pair to them, and they don't make replacements remotes that do. Anyways it isn't worth it. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Johana0305
Channel Surfer

It’s black and I just found it’s old remote but it won’t pair 

0 Kudos
Johana0305
Channel Surfer

I have and it won’t work 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Johana0305

Thanks for the update.

For clarification, are you trying to pair the new remote to this old streaming stick or are you now trying to pair the old remote that came with the streaming stick?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos