Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

@mdp246, I would say the next thing to try is to quickly pull a battery out of the remote when it happens to see if it stops.

Do you have a real trickster in your home that may know of other ways to mess with you?  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
oneofthe58tribe
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem with my Roku Premiere. Restarted the device multiple times, no "stuck" buttons, changed the batteries, etc. I haven't even had it for one year yet and it's unusable. What do I do now?

0 Kudos
ATLSHG
Reel Rookie

This post is old, but the issue was new for me.  It seems the remote may have been the source of the scrolling problem.  It stopped scrolling when the remote was replaced.

0 Kudos
Jkaelter

I am having the same issue where my roku will not stop scrolling. No stuck buttons and I hav replaced the batteries on the remote and unplugged the Roku unit for 5 min. Model # 4630x and serial # 7KA6A7622507. Please help!

0 Kudos
ATLSHG
Reel Rookie

As I wrote above, the problem stopped and has not returned once the remote was replaced.  I now use a ONE For All Remote bought from Walmart to control both the TV and the Roku.  Learning the remote took some time, but its working now.  Or you may want to order another remote from Roku.  Best.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Jkaelter

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
oneofthe58tribe
Reel Rookie

It's been over 2 months since my original post and not even the common decency of a reply. I am surprised at the lack of customer support from Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @oneofthe58tribe

We sincerely apologize for the delay in response.

Please provide us with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
oneofthe58tribe
Reel Rookie

SN: 0530D5992387

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@oneofthe58tribe

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos