Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clogwearerwayne
Binge Watcher

My ROKU skips tiles and doesn't move one by one tile or option menu

Twice within the last week, whenever I've started my ROKU Express, whenever I wanted to go to a channel from HOME to one of the channel tiles by moving right or down one by one tile, it jumps THREE tiles (Hulu > Prime > Peacock) instead of just one. If I want to move down in the Options menu, it moves quickly down (or up) like a roulette wheel. When I click HOME, after a few seconds, it will move several spaces past the channel tiles into how to change the batteries. Well, the batteries were changed last Friday, and this **bleep** continues. I just want to get it back to what it was last Thursday night before all this went down.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My ROKU skips tiles and doesn't move one by one tile or option menu

Check the other remotes in the room for a stuck button? It might by IR interference, the roku command gets stuck in feedback loop caused by another remote's IR beam, the roku command rides along and issue multiple same commands to the roku. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
clogwearerwayne
Binge Watcher

Well, what do you suggest? For SEVEN weeks, everything was perfect (Late December to mid-February). Then this f-up started. I've only had one time since I've sent this that everything seemed normal again. The TV infrared and the Roku are at opposite ends of a 32" TV. Nothing improper happened until weeks ago. I tried the remove the batteries from the remote and unplug the Roku again and again. I'm ready to give up on the Roku; I don't need the frustration.

0 Kudos
clogwearerwayne
Binge Watcher

Well, what am I supposed to do? It worked well for the first 7-8 weeks, and like every time thereafter. I'm at my wits end and ready to drop Roku altogether.