Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClickerTheGreat
Reel Rookie

Multiple remote interference

Jump to solution

Remote interference for Roku TV: if I purchase matching pair of TCL Roku TVs that will be side by side within 20 ft of each other on a shared wall, will I be able to operate one without impacting the other? Idea is to stream different sporting events at same time in a Game Room using Xfinity Streaming app. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple remote interference

Jump to solution

Alternately, you could use the Roku app installed on an iOS or Android phone or tablet.  This will allow you to use it as an alternate remote for any Roku, both Roku TVs and separate Roku streaming devices, that are using the same local network as the phone or tablet.  The app controls only one device at a time, and can be switched back and forth among them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. Roku Wifi remotes, including the Voice Pro only control one Roku at a time. The Roku itself may have limit of 18 Wifi remotes controlling the single Roku at a time. Not that the Roku Wifi remote control 18 Roku's at a time, NO.

As you can see from my Roku tv and Roku Soundbar the number of remotes paired:

IMG_20220307_223700889.jpg

IMG_20220307_224752204.jpg

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Not if you one or both come with Roku tv IR remote. In that case you would have to abandon the IR remote on BOTH tv's and buy separately Roku Wifi voice remote for each set. A wifi remote is paired with only one Roku at a time. Some models of Roku tv's come with Roku tv voice remotes, but most don't. This Hisense Roku tv comes with wifi remote:

Amazon.com: Hisense ULED 4K Premium 55U6GR Quantum Dot QLED Series 55-Inch Class Roku 4K Smart TV wi...

Edmund

makaiguy

Jump to solution

Alternately, you could use the Roku app installed on an iOS or Android phone or tablet.  This will allow you to use it as an alternate remote for any Roku, both Roku TVs and separate Roku streaming devices, that are using the same local network as the phone or tablet.  The app controls only one device at a time, and can be switched back and forth among them.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
ClickerTheGreat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thx Tivoburkee!  Clarification…..do you think a single Roku Voice Remote Pro would operate both TCL tvs [referenced in original post] without crossover interference?  No IR, uses Wi-Fi.  I confirmed included remotes for my desired tv models are IR only, and ask b/c the description of Voice Remote Pro indicates it supports a max of 18 streaming devices.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. Roku Wifi remotes, including the Voice Pro only control one Roku at a time. The Roku itself may have limit of 18 Wifi remotes controlling the single Roku at a time. Not that the Roku Wifi remote control 18 Roku's at a time, NO.

As you can see from my Roku tv and Roku Soundbar the number of remotes paired:

IMG_20220307_223700889.jpg

IMG_20220307_224752204.jpg

Edmund

0 Kudos
ClickerTheGreat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. I understand. I’ll purchase two like you originally suggested. Fortunately, they are not too expensive. 

0 Kudos