Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwill19
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver

Jump to solution

Yes, I have tried all of that. I have a second Roku and switched out the parts to see if that would work as well and it didn't. I am unable to get the serial number for the device as I get the error message as soon as it is powered on and cannot navigate away from it. I am also having issues figuring out how to PM you. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jwill19 

Thanks for the update.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shivays

Jump to solution

Hi,

All of sudden my roku is not working . I tried to connect netcable to the TV from the router/modem but TV finished setup successfully . I tried to reboot, plug out the roku and plugin  to the TV but no luck.The issue still persist. I am not sure  what  is the issue that  stopped working.

Error : Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 4.16.47 PM.png

I am sure my internet connection is pretty good.

Can you help to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@shivays 

Thanks for the post.

The advanced wireless receiver (AWR) should have been included in the box that your device came with (it looks like a cable and is labeled "Advanced Wireless Receiver"). It may also already be attached to your Roku device. If this is the case, you should try unplugging and detaching everything and then reconnecting to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

If you are missing the AWR, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vbird

Jump to solution

I have just bought the stick and it will not allow me to get pass the language screen.  It keeps saying missing awr

help

linda

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Vbird 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, the advanced wireless receiver (AWR) should have been included in the box that your device came with (it looks like a cable and is labeled "Advanced Wireless Receiver"). It may also already be attached to your Roku device. If this is the case, you should try unplugging and detaching everything and then reconnecting to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

If you are missing the AWR, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fishhatch

Jump to solution

Danny @ Roku...could you help me too? My AWR was damaged on arrival to my streaming stick+ and I’m in need of a replacement. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Fishhatch 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Codun002

Jump to solution

Good morning Danny, 

i am receiving an error code everytime I try to set up my roku streaming stick plus.  It is saying the AWR is needed but it is plugged in.  Could the cord I have be faulty?...is there any support for this?...please let me know.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Codun002 

Thanks for the post regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Have you made sure that the Advanced Wireless Receiver (AWR) is attached to your Roku device? It looks like cable that is labelled and should have been included in your device package. If the AWR is attached to your Roku device, have you tried unplugging everything and then plugging it all back together to make sure all of the connections are snug?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos