Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edgetoo

Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver

Jump to solution

I have my Roku plugged in and the USB power cable with long range wireless receiver plugged to the Roku  but after I hit language, I have a purple box that comes up stating "Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver"  The AWR is not detected and must be connected.  I have plugged it into a power source as well as directly into the television through the USB port but get the same message.

Why would that occur... BUM AWR from Roku?  Any help is appreciated. TIA

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver

Jump to solution

@WilliamsJtim 

Thanks for the post.

The advanced wireless receiver (AWR) should be included in the box that your device came with (it looks like a cable and is labeled "Advanced Wireless Receiver").

If you are missing the AWR, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jaymondoe1971 @tarmentano 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
132 REPLIES 132
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

This is a roku stick+, it should not be plugged into the tv usb port, but directly to wall outlet. Stick+ plugged into hdmi of the tv, AWR is plugged into the Stick+, then usb extender plugged into AWR, and the extender into ac usb adapter and into the wall. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@edgetoo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are not able to get things up and running, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll help connect you with out Support team who can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tmart

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. please help

0 Kudos
Scale4cash
Reel Rookie

Error on setup with AWR issue

Jump to solution

On startup my Roku Streaming stick + acts like its going to work asks for preferred language. Then I get “ Missing advanced wireless receiver. The wireless receiver is not detected and must be connected. I’ve tried it with direct power and usb power. Get the same results. Promise the wireless receiver is plugged into the stick. Checked the connection to it twice. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error on setup with AWR issue

Jump to solution

@Scale4cash 

Thanks for the letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kim77

Jump to solution

I also bought a brand new Roku stick and have the same problem. Took about 20 tries to get the remote to pair, got everything set up, the website said everything was all set, then it tried updating channels, lost connection, remote came unpaired again and now I sometimes get the screen that says missing advanced wireless receiver and sometimes I just get the screen that says scanning network. And I can’t go to settings or anything else because my remote is no longer paired either. Frustrating! Please help 

0 Kudos
Soulmutt

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. It won’t let me set up the Roku saying it’s missing the advanced wireless receiver but it is plugged in to the wall 

BEHolod

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem - I have tried to set the roku up many times and it fails.  can you please tell me how to fix this issue

bethany 

0 Kudos
Scale4cash
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Someone on this board from Roku responded and they ended up sending me a new attachment for the Roku that worked. Hope you saved you box with the #s on it they ask for that.