Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont have remote and did factory reset

Jump to solution

I do not have a remote for my Roku 1 as well as it kicked itself off my Wi-Fi I had to factory data reset it because it would not cooperate 

I tried to wake it with my Wi-Fi connection it's still is not working it's staying stuck on the language screen I've attempted to call the customer service number they're not working because of the situation help please

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Heeelp

Jump to solution

Since you factory reset it, you will need a remote to get it connected to Wi-Fi.  Get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku at any big box store or even the dollar store.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kaabi222
Reel Rookie

Setting up the roku without remote control

Jump to solution

I reset the roku stick and I lost the remote control. Is there a way to set it up without the remote? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Setting up the roku without remote control

Jump to solution

@kaabi222 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will need a remote to setup your Roku device. Can you please provide us with the Roku Streaming Stick model number so we can recommend you the appropriate replacement remote that you will need?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cleydee4

No remote for initial out of the box setup

Jump to solution

I do not have the remote for my roku device, model number is 3900x. My device has been reset and is not connected to any wifi. It is on the initial setup screen for me to select the language, but I do not have a compatible remote. What is my next plan of action before I go purchase another remote for my old roku device?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No remote for initial out of the box setup

Jump to solution

@Cleydee4 

You need new remote, since the express accepts IR remote it doesn't have to be a Roku remote, it can be a cheaper universal remote found at target or dollar store, 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No remote for initial out of the box setup

Jump to solution

@Cleydee4 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for your device you can purchase a Simple Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jsmmiitthh

Re: Lost remote and need to connect to wifi

Jump to solution

You need to have 2 devices. 2 phones or a phone and an iPad. Mobile hotspot without a password from you phone and connect the second phone or iPad to that network. Then turn on your rocky. It should auto connect to the open network. Then use the remote app on the second phone or iPad to set up your new WiFi. 

pnelson
Reel Rookie

Re: Dont have remote and did factory reset

Jump to solution

I solved this today!!! You just need to plug your Roku TV into your wifi box with an ethernet cable! and then download the Roku remote on your phone and it'll show up automatically. hope this helps someone in the future 🙂

0 Kudos
WendyAnn18

Re: Setting up the roku without remote control

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I no longer have my remote and it's stuck on the language screen. I have a 3800X model. What remote do I need to get? Can I use any Roku remote?

0 Kudos