Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobInNH
Binge Watcher

Is there a 30-second skip button with Spectrum TV cloud dvr?

Jump to solution

I'm considering moving from YoutubeTV to Spectrum TV streaming through my Roku Ultra.  YTTV has 30-sec skip forward and 15-sec skip backward.  Does STV have the same functionality through the Roku remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobInNH
Binge Watcher

Re: Is there a 30-second skip button with Spectrum TV cloud dvr?

Jump to solution

Interesting that there is a 30-sec skip with STV streaming on an iPad but not on Roku.  I called and cancelled yesterday and gave them that reason.  So, I'm sticking with YoutubeTV. 

The only reason I was considering STV was for cost.  Spectrum charged me $75/m just for internet and YTTV was another $65 for $140 total.  But, in my call they guy said he could fix that problem by signing me up for just internet and phone for $35/m.  Weird that just internet was $75 but internet+phone=$35/m.  No contract and fixed for 2-yrs.

I just saved the equivalent to two cases of beer a month!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@BobInNH 

Perhaps someone who uses the Spectrum TV app will be able to answer.

I didn't see anything on Spectrum's Roku App Web page about it, but there is a chat feature. Perhaps someone at Spectrum can say what their app includes.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Rhyno86

Jump to solution

There is no 30-second skip that I have seen so far. I came here looking for the same answer, but after exhaustively searching high and low, the answer is a big fat NO. This is disappointing to me, because I just got rid of all my Spectrum cable boxes and bought some Rokus to replace them. It's saving me a ton of money on my cable bill, but this lack of a 30-sec skip is ALMOST a deal breaker for me.

I'm still waiting for Spectrum to get their technology out of the 1990s. Seriously, their "brand new" remotes still have controls for picture-in-picture??? Unfortunately, where I live there are no other options for cableTV or broadband aside from cellular services, but cell signal strength in my house is almost non-existent (I often have to step outside to send a text with a picture in it).

0 Kudos
BobInNH
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Interesting that there is a 30-sec skip with STV streaming on an iPad but not on Roku.  I called and cancelled yesterday and gave them that reason.  So, I'm sticking with YoutubeTV. 

The only reason I was considering STV was for cost.  Spectrum charged me $75/m just for internet and YTTV was another $65 for $140 total.  But, in my call they guy said he could fix that problem by signing me up for just internet and phone for $35/m.  Weird that just internet was $75 but internet+phone=$35/m.  No contract and fixed for 2-yrs.

I just saved the equivalent to two cases of beer a month!

0 Kudos