Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan200
Binge Watcher

Intermittently the volume goes up when I press down

Streaming stick 4k connected to a Samsung tv.

While holding the the volume button down the volume goes up but not every time. if you notice the number going up let go of the button and press it again now it will go down. It has done this with 2 different Roku remotes.

I don't remember this issue with the old Roku on this tv. the second remote I tried it with was from the old Roku.

Streaming stick 4k 3820r2 remote rc833 rtn.4246 

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Intermittently the volume goes up when I press down

If your Roku remote hasn't been set up to use CEC to control the TV then the remote sends volume commands directly to the TV via infrared and the Streaming Stick itself is not involved.  Both Roku remotes would have had to develop the same unusual problem, which doesn't seem likely.  Does it do the same thing using the TV's remote?

If you ARE set up to use CEC, and the problem occurs with more than one Roku remote, perhaps the problem is with the Streaming Stick itself.  Have you tried restarting it?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.