Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snakeoil
Roku Guru

Re: Intermittent Remote Issues

Yup, mine have not acted up in a while. They occasionally will not respond. But I suspect it is a due to the Roku doing something at that moment. The problem clears in a few seconds. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Snakeoil @fireland 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked to resolve the problem. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is any further assistance we may provide for you.

Regards,
Nimfa

twf1944
Channel Surfer

Nimfa,  I still have very infrequent episodes of diminished volume. More disturbing, is that I continue to have episodes, where none of the remote control functions work at all, except for sometimes volume and power. I have the impression that this might be happening only when the TV has been on for a couple of hours. If I turn the TV and the Roku off and then back on, it usually starts working again. So perhaps you have solved most of the volume problem, but this broader remote malfunction is still a serious issue. Thank you for your efforts.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@twf1944 

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the issue with your Roku device. Could you try to re-pair the remote and see if there's any difference? 

For reference please follow the steps here how to re-pair your remote: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Tinman98
Reel Rookie

I too, have the problem that remote does not turn on TV or the Roku sound bar at first try, no matter what. Seems it will turn on sooner if held longer, but always takes at least 2 or 3 attempts. Power OFF always works, however.

With another Roku remote and stick, the audio will randomly "lock" so that the mute does not work. It will USUALLY work again if I reload the current channel, and if not that, then reload the Sling provider. Occasionally I have had to reboot the entire TV/Roku stick. It's not the TV, because the TV remote always works. I have no clue how all the internal communication interfaces work, but since just reloading the individual channel such as Fox News usually restores function, it makes you wonder how they are all interconnected. You would think it would only be the Roku hardware/software communicating to the TV, but who knows? It really is annoying when you need to mute (like for a phone call), and you can't without taking extra steps. How could something so simple become so f***** up?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tinman98

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with your Roku remote. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let us help. As suggested above, have you tried to re-pair your Roku remote and see if it helps? You can also follow further troubleshooting steps on the link posted. 

Still no luck? We appreciate your effort in doing the recommended steps, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device paired to your Roku remote from Settings > System > About so we can assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos