Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMonty
Binge Watcher

Re: IR Stops working Intermittently.

Jump to solution

I agree. I’ve had it stop while I was in the process of adjusting volume. It changed volume a few notches and then just stopped. I’d sure like to see something from Roku that indicates that they are at least interested in looking into it. 

0 Kudos
wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Why can't they just undo the update that broke everything??

It was working perfectly fine before they tried to make things better....if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

0 Kudos
BAW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've let support on Twitter know to look at this thread, but have heard nothing back at all for a few days. Could be the holidays, I don't know. I'd suggest we all keep trying, maybe eventually someone in the right position will see this this, and go "ah, I can fix that!"

0 Kudos
Stratmanpa55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sharing what worked for me: I have 3821X Streaming Sticks 4K with Voice Remote Pro Models RC01.On Tuesday 12/20/22 I set my streaming audio format audio to “Auto” and my display type to “ Automatic”, then I went into Software Update and did a “Check Now” and there was an update pending. The update put my systems at version 11.50 build 4312. After the update the remotes worked fine. Not sure if my actions fixed things or random good luck, but all of my remotes are working consistently.

0 Kudos
Stratmanpa55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I forgot that I also re paired the remotes after the update. Remotes have worked fine since the update on 12/20/22.

0 Kudos
montel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I already have 11.50 4312 - and still have the problem with 2 remotes...

0 Kudos
SMonty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine have been at that update since about 12/15. Throughout the testing phase, I’ve moved mine around from one unit to another and had to pair and setup each time. 
Hope your luck holds. 

0 Kudos
wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still having the intermittent problem on this Boxing Day morning...

Model: 3810CA - Streaming Stick 4K
Software: 11.5.0
Build 4312-50

Remote Model: RC701
Remote firmware: rtn.4186

Updated on 12/20/22

0 Kudos
Salt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The problem continues.  I contacted support via email today.

Model:  4802X Ultra

SW: 11.5.0 build 4312-C2

Remote: RC795 voice remote pro

Firmware: rtn.4186

I also tried the phone camera as described in an earlier post. The remote is not transmitting IR when the problem is occurring, so it isn't a problem with the TV.

0 Kudos
wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Let's hope that somebody, who knows something, will read your email....

My remote started acting up with the Dec. 15th update....and as of today, Dec. 30, is still not fixed....

Come on Roku, you can do better than this....

0 Kudos