Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stratmanpa55
Channel Surfer

Re: IR Stops working Intermittently.

Jump to solution

There was a ROKU update pending last night so I downloaded it hoping for a fix. Overnight it seems to have fixed the issue and so far it seems it may have resolved my problem but it’s still early days….

Check for an update and good luck.

0 Kudos
BilD
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Stratmanpa55

What is the new FW version number? 

My Ultra, Model 4802X, which has this IR problem, is now on FW 11.5.0 build 4312 and my Voice Remote Pro model RC795 is on FW: rtn.4186.

0 Kudos
MacGyverS2000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Watching this one, as bad remote firmware could readily be the cause of a number of recent issues...

0 Kudos
DogearedPicket
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've been having the issue for a few weeks where volume/power suddenly stops working for a short time. Its frequent and very frustrating. This is happening on 2 brand new Roku Ultras with the voice pro remote. One TV is Samsung and the other is LG. I actually bought a second voice pro remote for one room so two people could have our own remotes, so there are 3 voice pro remotes in the house and it happens with all of them. I used the tip someone else posted of looking through your phone's camera to see if the remote is emitting IR when volume/power controls fail. Sure enough, it isn't even sending the IR.

Model: 4820X

Serial: X01000EDV10X

Software: 11.5.0 Build 4312-C2

Tracker ID: 0X-510-728

Remote Model: RC795

Remote firmware: rtn.4186

0 Kudos
BilD
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The phone camera trick confirms I’m having the same problem. This problem is a huge pain, especially combined with the other intermittent problem I continue to have: “Keep Losing Sound” (in another thread).

I’m new to Roku. My initial experience and reading other’s experience has me leaning to return my 3 new Ultras to Amazon before the Jan 31 deadline and I’m wondering what to replace them with that's more likely to simply just work right? Any suggestions? AppleTV at twice the price for the Ethernet-connected model?

0 Kudos
BAW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have started a chat with Roku support on Twitter, and reference this thread. Hopefully they will follow through, and get this information to the correct people. Maybe if enough people either post here or contact support, they'll see it's a real issue, and not just an isolated incident.

I did check today, and both of mine are still doing it, and haven't seen any system updates. Hopefully their support gets back to us.

0 Kudos
wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still having the intermittent problem...

Model: 3810CA

Software: 11.5.0

Build 4312-50

Remote Model: RC616

Remote firmware: rtn.4186

I bought the rechargeable remote to replace the battery eating remote that came with my streaming stick & I have been very pleased with it up until now...

Its almost enough to force me back to my Amazon Firestick that has a remote that doesn't eat batteries

Hoping Roku is working on this annoying problem...my battery eating Roku remote works fine...if I use it a couple of times then the rechargeable will work for a bit & then give up again...

0 Kudos
silmaril

Jump to solution

Roku Streaming Stick+
Model: 3810X
Software: 11.5.0
Build 4312-50

Remote Model: RC795
Remote Firmware: rtn.4186

Just had this begin happening to me last night.  After that, about 50/50 odds it would work at any given time.  Apparently I'm not alone.  Hopefully this is addressed soon, with what I can only assume would be a firmware update to the remote.

In the meantime I restarted the remote by holding down the pairing button for 20 seconds.  It's been okay since then, but no idea how long that workaround will hold.

0 Kudos
SMonty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, very frustrating. I have not been able to pinpoint what causes them to stop, or a consistent way to get it working again. And when it does, it may only be for a few seconds. I have three Voice Remote PRO’s that fail. I have two more that are only Voice Remote’s, and they work fine so far. In fact, I’m getting so fed up with them that I went out today a bought two more of the non-PRO versions. Except for the fact that they are not rechargeable, they work fine for the features I use. Perhaps next week I’ll get the energy to start another painful battle with Roku “technical support”. 

0 Kudos
montel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had a long chat with tech support and they decided to send me a new remote. That new one does the same thing.

The sleep thing may not be the problem - as both of the remotes will stop working while pressing buttons and using the remote - so I don't think it is from just sitting. It just randomly shuts down IR...

0 Kudos