Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claireonet
Reel Rookie

Re: IR Remote - automatically goes to Sling and stays stuck on that screen

Jump to solution

Hello, yes, my Roku devise has both those buttons and no, they are not stuck. So, what's next?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Take the batteries out of your remote and use the Roku app on your phone/tablet as a remote and see if it still happens.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@claireonet

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following the recommended step that @renojim mentioned, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
claireonet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for reply Danny. I put the Roku app on my cell phone so for the moment, that is working well. I am so thankful! 

Question: I would prefer that I could control it from a separate devise. If I buy a new devise will my account transfer automatically by just putting in batteries into the new devise?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
claireonet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestion. I have downloaded the app on my cell phone and it working good for now. Thank you!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

So if you use the app on your phone then it doesn't go to Sling, correct?  That would point to a bad remote (most likely a stuck or shorted button).  You don't need to get a new device - just a new remote unless you want to take it apart and clean it (not an easy task).  If you do get a new device and link it to the same Roku account all your channels/apps and subscriptions paid through Roku will transfer automatically, but you may have to log into some channels/apps again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
VulcanWolf

Jump to solution

Danny,

I'm having the same problem, my remote randomly goes to Sling. I tried to send you a PM but I didn't see how to do that.

Patrick

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@VulcanWolf

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with your serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pigsho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I turn on my roku tv it automatically goes to sling tv.  I had set up that when i turn on it should go to cable box but it stills keep on going to sling.  I deleted sling app then now when i turn on the TV its asking for me to add sling channel!!!! So frustrating.  Please Help!

serial# YK00Y2126001

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pigsho

Thanks for the post.

Does your remote have a Sling TV quick button on the remote? If so, have you checked to see if the button is stuck?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos