Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: How to stop my Roku remote from continuously draining batteries

@RF48
Thanks for your post. 

We have checked the information you have provided and found no Roku device. Kindly double-check the detail and keep us posted on what you find out. For reference, you can get the serial number by going to Settings>System>About.

We'll keep eye on your response.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RF48
Reel Rookie

I gave you the number that is literally on the back of the Roku Ultra. The Settings info on the TV screen states a serial number of YJ00A0975953. There is no display of a serial number on my Roku remote controller.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RF48

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pae1979
Reel Rookie

I had this same issue with a Roku Streaming stick on an older Emerson tv. The Roku was always plugged into a power outlet. I switched it out with my other Roku from my Samsung tv. The one I switched it with has the small Roku box/sensor which can sit below the tv instead of being the hdmi stick type. After switching the Roku stick to my Samsung tv it stopped draining the batteries but, now the Roku box/sensor type is being drained while connected to the Emerson tv even though it's also powered by an outlet. Unfortunately the tv seems to be trying to communicate with the remote constantly and draining it. This doesn't affect the remote functions at all when being used. Just drains the batteries 😑 Well it's time to replace the old Emerson. 

0 Kudos