Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ted3
Channel Surfer

How to know if the Canadian Roku you buy has a Disney plus remote

I tried to buy several Roku and even though the website picture showed a Disney+ button on the remote, the in store display had remotes with the Disney+ button, but the in box Roku had the old remote.

Is there any way to know before you buy (without opening the box) what remote the Roku comes with.  Something like a serial number sequence or the model SKU?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to know if the Canadian Roku you buy has a Disney plus remote

@Ted3 

There is no guarantee that any Roku remote will have or not have any particular app shortcut button.

Roku sells the buttons to companies. If Disney bought enough, you may get it. If the Roku app for Disney+ works in Canada.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ted3
Channel Surfer

The Disney app works in Canada. I got it on the Roku I already own.
For the remote, the in-store display and the Canadian online stores have the Disney+ button and the Canadian broadcaster Global buttons.  That is why I know it exists, but now how to get a Roku with that remote already in the package.

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Ted3  You can’t just get it. You would have open up each box. Some remotes have it and some don’t. No biggie. If you really want a shortcut button to use for Disney+ then buy a Roku Voice Remote Pro which has two programmable buttons on it. All it is is a shortcut button. It may take like 2 seconds off the time to start the channel. If you really watch Disney+ that much then pit the Disney+ Channel on the top row of all your other channels. with the voice remote you can also simply say “Launch Disney+” and it will launch Disney+. You could try another store or drive all around and try to find one. you could order one off Amazon or Roku itself. But honestly I wouldn’t worry about it

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Ted3 wrote:

...  but now how to get a Roku with that remote already in the package.

When I wrote "There is no guarantee that any Roku remote will have or not have any particular app shortcut button," what I mean to say was that there is no guarantee that any Roku remote will have or not have any particular app shortcut button.

Is that not clear?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Ted3
Channel Surfer

@DBDukes 

Yeah, it was clear.
I'm just sad that I can't get the product I saw. 😞

It met my needs perfectly and now I would have to settle for something just a little less convenient.

It's like,

-Do you want to buy that product?

-Yeah!

-Then buy that lootbox and you might get it.

Anyway, thanks for the answer, I guess I'll just wait a couple months and try again.

0 Kudos
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

@Ted3  So you won’t buy a Roku unless you can get the Disney+ button on it? You could be waiting for a year. It’s common with anything you buy that what is pictured on the box may differ from what’s actually in the box. 

0 Kudos
Ted3
Channel Surfer

@DellStreamer 

Yeah, I'll wait for that perfect remote. What made me want to buy a 2nd Roku was to make my TV even better. To me, it's not worth the price to make my TV slightly better. But by making it perfect, then I'll be willing to spend the money.

What I am looking now for from the Roku is the convenience of the Disney+ button. All the other features are just nice extras. That button, to me, is a deal breaker.

0 Kudos
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

@Ted3  It’s just a button. You don’t need it to watch Disney+. But if you truly want and need the Disney+ button then buy new remote from the Roku website. My Voice remote came with the Disney+. My remote has Netflix, Disney+, AppleTV+ and Hulu. But honestly speaking I never use any of those buttons even though I subscribe to each one of those services. 

DBDukes

@Ted3 wrote:

... What I am looking now for from the Roku is the convenience of the Disney+ button. All the other features are just nice extras. That button, to me, is a deal breaker.

Um, you will not buy a Roku because it may or may not have a particular button that you want, but would buy another product that definitely does not have the button you want? Is that what I just read? Tell me I read that wrong.

DBDukes