Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OG
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku replacement remote

Jump to solution

OK, so I had my meter out for something else and decided to measure the standby current in the two different remotes; for the Roku Premiere and the Roku 4k Streaming Stick+

For the streaming stick remote, I measured 5.7 mA of standby current. For the Roku Premiere, my meter (Fluke 117) did not measure any standby current. (That's not to say there was no current...it could be there is, but it's below the range of the meter.)  Knowing the streaming stick remote craps out when the battery voltage hits about 0.9V, consider an average voltage over its usable life as 1.2V (i.e., halfway in-between 1.5 and 0.9V). Therefore, the standby power of the streaming stick remote can be estimated at 5.7*1.2 = 6.84 mW or 0.00684 W.

From what I could find, the energy capacity of an Energizer AAA battery is 1.87 W.hr. Therefore, with a standby power draw of 0.00684 W, the battery would last approximately 273.4 hrs (1.87/0.00684), which is 11.4 days. Seems to be consistent with what some folks are reporting.

robertnsamuel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Dear Support,

I seem to be experiencing a lot of the same issues with my remote that people here have reported. I've put up with it for a while now but I feel lately it's gotten worse to the point where batteries barely last a week... obviously this unsustainably expensive.

I've done everything such as updating / changing the power source etc but all to no avail. I'd really appreciate some assistance on this because realistically the product isn't fit for purpose.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
DavidM2357
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X that is plugged into the wall and is still burning through batteries.  Other than taking the batteries out every night, is there a solution?  My 3800X doesn't seem to be having this issue.

0 Kudos
Streamer50
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D 

I wanted to thank you all for forwarding my issue to the Customer Service Department who quickly sent me a replacement remote. I installed one with no issues and will monitor battery usage and performance.  You all Rock! 

0 Kudos
Jillandelf
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

My remote is draining batteries in 2 days. Your answer is of no use whatsoever. Roku should recall and replace the remotes. There is NO fix.

0 Kudos
Streamer50
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D 

Update: ALL replacement remotes are now working.  The issue I had with the Samsung TV was resolved by Restarting the ROKU device.  Now the power and volume control work.  The issue I experienced while setting up a new remote was my Samsung TV not being recognized nor were any of the 50 Samsung codes not working and was unable to control power or volume. I restarted the Roku device, added the new remote and it found my TV. All others paired without restarting. Now, to monitor battery life! Thank you, again, for the great support! 

0 Kudos
DavidM2357
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @RokuDR    Any thoughts on my battery issue?

0 Kudos
Roxannev
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

Same issue with 3 of my roku sticks.  I called customer service and they told me to go back to the store where I purchased.  Best Buy won’t do anything because all 3 of them are just over 90 days.  What a bunch of BS! Anyone have luck exchanging theirs or any luck with roku customer service? 

0 Kudos
Jillandelf
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

I've just been on live chat with Amazon and explained the problem. They said they could do refund or exchange of the whole thing, which obviously is a pain as it's setting up and signing in again 🙄 but better than nothing. I've accepted their kind offer. Waiting to see if it actually arrives!!🤞

0 Kudos
DavidM2357
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also, I've had this Roku for more than 90 days, and this problem only started a few months ago.  I'm thinking there is a firmware issue.

0 Kudos