Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yawitz
Streaming Star

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

You may want to double-check the firmware version on your remote, which I didn't see listed in your previous post. (It's in the form "rtn.xxxx") That seems to be the key bit of info needed to confirm whether or not the remote firmware was successfully updated.

0 Kudos
jex
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Remote firmware: 2.01.19.048… how does a company state that you have the latest update when their remote and streaming stick update options say you’re “up to date”. Lol, “hi you have the latest update but we forgot that we have another update that isn’t available through our normal update”… am I dumb or am I stupid?

Prospyrity
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the exact same firmware and the exact same problem. The remote batteries drained 6% in 12 hours without being in use at all! 

The system says it's up to date. This is ridiculous! 

0 Kudos
yawitz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm not sure where that remote firmware version you listed comes from. Perhaps you have a different kind of remote? I navigate to "Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > Voice Remote > About". Some threads also reference "Settings > Remotes > About". In my case, the format is as mentioned earlier, "rtn.xxxx".

My remote was fixed once I got version rtn.4098. It has been updated again since then, but continues to work without significant battery drain for me, for what that's worth.

0 Kudos
Suni

Jump to solution

Is anyone having battery drain issues with the Roku "Ultra". This is an incredible thread!!

0 Kudos
Prospyrity
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I got the firmware number, 2.01.19.048, from settings, remote devices, about.  16263385270303795758084673272638.jpg

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@yawitz @Prospyrity 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with your remote battery draining even after updating the Roku remote to the latest firmware and you are powering your Roku device through a wall outlet (not through the TV USB port), can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
yawitz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Prospyrity wrote:

I got the firmware number, 2.01.19.048, from settings, remote devices, about.  16263385270303795758084673272638.jpg

That's interesting...my remote version number is RC399, with a differently formatted firmware version number. The few references to the firmware fix that have been posted by Roku support reps in these threads references firmware version "rtn.4098" and similar, none naming something matching your number's format. Perhaps yours isn't actually getting updated?

0 Kudos
Zika
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ill have to check my latest firmware and battery voltages later tonite. Maybe they "push" updates and since i leave the stick unpowered unless I'm watching something I'm at a greater chance of missing updates. What they have all these model and firmware versions for remotes that look exactly the same and do the same thing I'll never know. Unless chip supplies have been disrupted the last couple years and they are loading the remote batches with completely different microcontrollers and just keep the externals and functionality consistent....

0 Kudos
Zika
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So my remote, Model RC399 Firmware Rev. Rtn.4120 is saying 39% Battery level and still operating the Roku and TV volume. The batteries measured 1.24V and 1.26V. These are old NiMH rechargeables, as I'm not willing to put $1 a piece Duracells in yet. NiMH rechargeable batteries have a sell discharge rate of up to 30% per month but these have been pretty stable the last couple weeks so I think the problem may be licked.... with this firmware and RC399 hardware combination anyway....  Your photo says you have a RC150 I believe not a RC399 that may account for the different FW revisions, hard to say.

0 Kudos