Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: About not posting support questions here; then how do I get help with defective remote?

Jump to solution

Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R including your email address and the serial number of your device. He will forward that information to the support group. Don't post that information (especially your email address) here in the public forum, not here or any other 

Read that message a little more closely. They don't want support questions in this section of the forum. You posted in the Community Discussion area of the forum, not the support side. Look at the top of the page, and you'll see Roku Player Support towards the left edge of the page. That is where you would post your issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a private message (PM), visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
russellsteve
Reel Rookie

Roku Stick + remotes run out of batteries

Jump to solution

Dear RokuDanny,

Can you help me stop my battery drain through problem.  I recently purchased 3 Roku Stick+ devices and all of them run through batteries each week.  Here are the serial numbers:

Model 3810X

SN: 213084748412

Model 3810X

SN: 2130AD741288

Model 3810X

SN: 2150A9635486

Thanks for your help

Steve Russell

0 Kudos
Kalikazam
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote draining battery in 2 days

Jump to solution

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X draining batteries every month. I don't use the audio feature at all. 

I need to know WHY this is happening and WHY Roku hasn't fixed the problem. I am burning a fortune on batteries for all 3 TV's and just won't do it anymore.

I have had these remotes replaced already once before and its happening again. Roku support is really sad and at this point these sticks might be going into the skeet shoot and blow to pieces and ill switch to another provider if I don't get a reasonable response.

Mommawinks

Batteries draining

Jump to solution

We have 5 roku devices they all drain the batteries continuously,  ive read the forums with not posted solution please help!

0 Kudos
Alexstett

Remote drains batteries

Jump to solution

The remote of my Roku stick is draining batteries like crazy - I’m on my fourth set within a couple of months - I’ve been trying to reach someone in customer service, but it seems impossible - phone doesn’t work (due to COVID there are no people working to answer the phone) and absolutely no customer service email - I’m super frustrated and wonder if someone knows how to get in touch with a person at Roku, who can help me fix the issue. 
model 3810x - Roku streaming stick+

serial number YH000Y240986

device ID 213080240986

Voice Remote RC399

0 Kudos
Kc8ko

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Just bought a Roku for my parents for Christmas but the battery drains quickly in the remote. Serial number 2250776959907.  Should be under warantee. How can we get a replacement remote?

cbmcramos
Reel Rookie

Remote battery drain for roku 3800x

Jump to solution

The remote batteries for my 2 Roku model 3800x drain rapidly. Maybe last 1-2 weeks. There is no headphone jack on the remotes. 

robbiestewart89
Streaming Star

Re: Remote battery drain for roku 3800x

Jump to solution

Sounds like you may have some water moisture buildup inside your remotes which can cause your batteries to short out and drain them. This happens especially in cold and damp enviroments. Remove the batteries from your remotes. Leave the battery covers off of them. Hold and shake each remote up and down a few times and let air circulate through your remotes to dry them out. Replace your batteries and cover and try that for a while and see if that fixes your problem. Also, make sure to use batteries marked as "heavy duty" or "alkaline" batteries. Otherwise, using cheap generic or general purpose batteries will usually only last about one to two weeks, considering using your remote is how you navigate around Roku's menu.

Robbie Stewart
0 Kudos
cbmcramos
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote battery drain for roku 3800x

Jump to solution

Nope. I assure you that moisture in the remote is not the problem. This issue has been happening for months. And I only use Duracell batteries.

By comparison I use my xfinity remote much more often and it's batteries last for months.